It belonged to the leaders of Qashqai tribe before being confiscated by the central government
Eram Garden (Bagh-e Eram), located along the northern shore of the Khushk River in Shiraz, is one of the most famous and beautiful Persian gardens in all of Iran.This garden is the common point of Iranian traditional architecture and the beauties of nature. Eram Garden is one of nine Iranian gardens named in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Although the exact date of the construction of the garden is not clear, historical evidence suggests it was constructed during the Seljuk Dynasty on the orders of the celebrated Seljuk monarch Sanjar as many other gardens were planted during his reign.
Like many other historic monuments in the southern city of Shiraz, it was restored and repaired by the Zand kings (1750-1794).
During the late Zand Dynasty, the garden was owned by Qashqai tribal chiefs. A Qashqai tribal chief, Mohammad Qoli Khan ordered the construction of the original mansion in the early eighteenth century, planting the garden with different trees including cypress, pine, orange and persimmon trees.
During the reign of King Nasser ed-din of the Qajar Dynasty, Mirza Hassan Ali Khan Nasir-al Molk bought the gardens from the Qashqai tribes and constructed the present pavilion which was designed by a famous Shirazi architect, Mohammad Hassan.
The decoration of the pavilion was completed by Hassan Ali Khan’s son Abol Qassem Khan who inherited the garden after his father. The garden finally went to Abol Qassem Khan’s son Abdullah Qavami who sold it to Qashqai tribes once again.